Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Yarn shopping while on vacation

We very rarely go anywhere on vacation.   Up until recently, the idea of vacationing with Amanda's autism and eating issues seemed daunting.  How would she sleep?  What would she eat or drink?  But after Disney,  we were a bit more confident in attempting a vacation so we went to Cape Cod for a few days.  It was fabulous!   And I got to visit a local yarn store right down the road from where we were staying in North Falmouth called Sage Yarns.

I had goggled local yarn stores prior to taking the vacation.  After all, taking in new sights is  part of a vacation, right?  So after a day at the beach and before dinner, we headed off to the store.

Sage Yarns is a lovely shop in a newer complex.  Nice floor size.  Friendly folks.  Lots of pretty yarns.   I had specifically wanted to see Toil and Trouble up close.  Toil and Trouble is a yarn dyer in Salem, MA.  Brilliant colors on Etsy.  Unfortunately,  they only had the paler versions but still were very pretty. I may just have to order off of Etsy.  I have found most LYS(local yarn stores) usually carry more muted colorways.  At least near me.  Perhaps it appeals to more people.  I, on the other hand, go for bright colorways.  It would explain why I am moving towards dyeing my own yarns.

I did however find another yarn that I loved.  It is from Great Adirondack Yarn Co.  It is Soxie in Electroshock.  Bright greens, royal blue, purple and magenta.  100% merino wool.  Right up my alley. Perfect for a little something to remember my trip.




Now, off to Ravelry to find the perfect pattern!

No comments:

Post a Comment