Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Project found

Most times, you find a pattern that you like and then go searching for the right yarn.  You go into your yarn stash, jumped in the car to run to your lys or search the internet for the perfect yarn.

Or there are the times that you find a yarn that you need to find a pattern to use it.  That was the case that I found myself after getting that pretty yarn from Sage Yarns last week.

So off to Ravelry I go!  Looking through my saved favorites.  Searching through the database.  Stopping by my favorite designers.  Sigh.  The skein was not enough for a shawl.  No nylon as it is 100% merino wool so that left out socks.  I like my sock yarn to have a little stretch.

Then I remembered that one of my favorite designers, Nicole Montgomery released a cowl at the beginning of the month that could be used as a scarf.   I had overlooked it as I am not a cowl girl.  They just sit on the girls and they do not need any attention as they are already shameless hussies.  I also did not like the edging for a scarf.  It curled up which in a cowl, would look fabulous.  But not to my taste.  I decided to go with it as it was a simple 12 row lace repeat with resting purl rows.

Now to figure out an edging that did not curl.  I decided to go with a 3-stitch garter edge like on a shawl to help it lay flat.  I used the long-tail cast on and added a row of knit stitches before the row 1 purl on the chart to make for a cleaner edge.  The original pattern has the purl row being grafted together with the last row.

Cast on and got about 4 repeats for the pattern.  Looking REAL pretty.


No comments:

Post a Comment